Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Appointments 3


----- Original Message -----

Karen scheduled with the surgeon for the port to come out next Tuesday, 8/21. It's done in the office under a local. Doesn't take any longer than a normal appointment. I think I'll wait outside on that one, if I have a choice, which I probably won't. She'll probably want me there. I'll go with her (or drive myself and meet her) to go to the other appointments this week. We have to sort out those details yet.

Talking to the doctor yesterday, he mentioned that he spent last night writing a letter to Washington to express his concern about groundwork being laid for what he saw as a two tiered medical system in this country. He was concerned about the rules for Medicare being talked about which drop the standard of care back 10 years. He believes that private insurance will quickly adopt similar rules leaving only the very rich able to afford some of the care given today. He said he didn't classify himself in that category. Scary.

I'll let you know how Thursday and Friday go.

----- End Original Message -----

No comments:

Post a Comment