Thursday, August 16, 2007

Appointments 4


----- Original Message -----

Made it to the follow-up with the radio-oncologist this morning, not without difficulty. I got in my Jeep and clutch pedal went straight to the floor. No hydraulics.

Karen's appointment went fine. No new information. He wants to see Karen again in 3 months, then every six after. He wants a mammogram about 6 months from November, her next scheduled one. Right now, she has follow-ups with all three doctors (surgeon and 2 oncologists) within a week in November. Plus her gyn in September. Plus I'm sure our primary will want to see her at some point. Never ending. But the radio-oncologist did say that while he would normally see her every 3 months that since she was seeing the medical oncologist every 3 that he could go with every 6 for the next couple years. At least she has a lot of eyes looking out for her.

He felt the thing Karen is getting ultrasounded tomorrow. He wasn't concerned as it moved with the scar and he thought it might be consolidating scar tissue or a pocket filled with fluid. Nice to hear, but I am still very nervous. This all started with an ultrasound. I can tell how much it's bothering me as I haven't been real good on sleep or productivity this week.

I'll let you know how it goes.

----- End Original Message -----

No comments:

Post a Comment